As you know, practice makes perfect! These useful drills present even more new words for you to add to this week’s lesson. This will not only build your Persian vocabulary, but also help you learn to read and write Farsi more quickly and confidently.
Note: Before doing these homeworks, make sure you have learned the previous words fluently.
New words:Budan Man budam Anha nabudand Man dar khaneh budam Khaneh Khiyaban Dar khiyaban Amadan u amad U nayamad Moallem
/l.lem/ means that the letter ‘L’ is emphasized: Tashdid.Hafteh Gozashteh Hafteh ye gozashteh Ghayeb Mashgh Man mashgham ra neveshtam Nameh Man ba oo sohbat kardam Pesar Dokhtar Shab Dishab
Please translate the following sentences into Persian.
Note 1: Just follow the rule: subject + object + time + place + verb. If any of these items is absent, simply skip over it to reach the next one. For example: in ‘ I was at home yesterday’, we have this rule: subject + time + place + verb. Is it clear?
Note 3: Please do your best to do it all first. Then, if you want to be sure, look for the answers at the bottom of this page. No cheating!!
- I saw your friend in the street today.
- My teacher didn’t come last week.
- My friend was absent yesterday.
- She wrote a letter this week.
- She didn’t write a letter last week.
- They didn’t do their homework last night.
- We were not at home last week.
- She didn’t talk to her friend yesterday.
- My father didn’t build this bridge last year.
- This boy broke the window yesterday.
- This girl didn’t break the window yesterday.
NOTE: As you know, the structure of sentences in Persian is this: subject + object + time + place + verb. Sometimes, however, ‘time’ could stand before ‘object’ like what you see in this drill (Numbers 4- 5- 6). Either way is Correct. There is a slight difference in them though, but don’t worry, it is not very fatal (at least for beginners)!! I believe I have explained this somewhere during our next lessons. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the lesson’s number!
Note: try to memorize the sentences as much as possible.